Getting Your Federal Benefits by Check?
By March 1, 2013, everyone getting the following federal benefits by paper check is required to switch to electronic payments – direct deposit to a bank account or to the Direct Express® Debit MasterCard® card:
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans Affairs
- Railroad Retirement Board
- Office of Personnel Management
- Department of Labor (Black Lung)
People who currently receive federal benefits by paper check, should make the switch today to get their money a safer, more reliable way immediately.
- Sign up for direct deposit online, or by calling (800) 333-1795, or visiting any of our banking offices.
- If you prefer a prepaid debit card, enroll online, or call (800) 333-1795.